Thursday, December 22, 2011

Oax Pick - Alternative Christmas Album # 6 & # 7 - Iggy Pop & Acid Mothers Temple

Two albums? Let me explain...


Iggy & The Stooges - Raw Power (1973)
Anytime, anywhere when I need to clean my messy mind I put on this record. It has been a part of the life of Joxfield och friends for almost 40 years and it has never failed it's mission - to bring us joy and rock n roll. So, when stumbling around in the city, trying to fix what has to be fixed with Christmas gifts, et cetera, being forced to hear one version worse than another of crappy Christmas songs playing in every "#¤%& loudspeaker in every "#¤%%& store, I find myself coming to an end: This Is It!!!!
Then I go back home, turn the original Iggy & The Stooges album on. Ron, Scott, James & Iggy save my mind once again. ThanX!!!


Acid Mothers Temple and the Melting Paraiso UFO - The Ripper at the Heavens Gates of Dawn (2011)
Back to normal again, when the messy mind has been cleared, this is the choise. Could actually have been almost any album by these magnificent Japanese paychedelic weirdos from inside outa space. By releasing about 5 - 10 AMT related albums a year a single pick isn't the easiest task, but nevermind... I go for the newest one. A Mothers album a day keeps the doctor away (but Santa close enough to bring you gifts...)
O'

No comments:

Post a Comment